So Darden is mobilizing a serious defense line against the Rossi “one-man-band” …
The no 1 crisis control PR agency Apco Worldwide, specialized in astroturfing and manipulating public opinion. Here represented and outed (by cc: of press release) Brian McLaughlin a Director and lobbyist at their Washingon DC office. And Jones Day, the largest collection of lawyers available under one roof in the US.
As I said before it is not about the money, all about freedom and control.
If it was as easy as the 1MW reactor not performing or Rossi not being able to deliver any COP above 1, then this would be as easy as anything. They would need to take the $11.5M loss as one of many other VC has done during history and go on doing other important stuff. The same goes for Woodford. $50M is a lot of money, but worse losses have been taken.
You simply Do Not need this Huge collection of Talking Heads to counter a simple fraud. It just doesn’t make sense.
We can be sure that by putting up all of these “inferior” people on the defense, they have a bigger agenda (ie. not proving fraud).
- The COP of the reactor is certainly 50 according the ERV/Penon report, as Rossi says in the complaint. Which in turn would require IH to pay some amount of money according to the agreement.
- They chose not to pay because it would more than anything acknowledge Rossi. His credibility would skyrocket. This they can not have. They knew this from the beginning and have planned for it since the validation test, by delaying as much as possible. It would also cost them $89M of course, but that is a minor issue.
- Before the Rossi complaint, their original plan was to keep delaying and keep discredit Rossi while continuing to extract IP according to the still valid license agreement. Remember this had nothing to do with the 1MW test. To IH this test was not important. They never wanted to do it, since there was no upside. The agreement was already valid, keeping Rossi in a tight IP leash.
- And they obviously planned to distribute it to 3rd parties, since their plan has to invest broadly, even though this could very well be considered a breach of the agreement according to §13.3. (This is what they need the lawyers for)
- And they obviously planned to patent parts of the IP in their own name, even outside their territories. This is probably their plan to undermine the Leonardo IP as a whole in other parts of the world.
As I said. This all points to IH knowing that Rossi has something HUGE.
Rumours are now spinned of COP=1 and personal attacks are executed on Penon, etc. Darden travels the world inserting FUD here and there … but putting nothing in print. Only talk, talk, talk. “… could not be substantiated …” Pure damage control. Pure discrediting. Nothing else.
And here comes Mr Apco and Mr Jones … The world champions of talking … Hmmm.
Why? Why are they putting all this effort in?
- Because they really REALLY need to keep Rossi in a tight leash. Having him locked up in a container is perfect. Having him keep delivering according to the agreement is perfect. Actually it is even good to have him locked up not delivering much as well, since they have absolutely no hurry to roll out LENR, as they stated clearly several times (the science stuff before going industrial, etc.). They want to control it, not release it before they have it covered enough.
- And they would rather have at COP 3-6 or something that is not as intensely disrupting to start with. COP=50 is in this sense bad news. It is bad news for Clintons and AGW crowd. It is bad news for Goldman Sachs and the oil industry. It is bad news for everyone in power today that is happy with status quo or slow change. I mean COP=50 has influence even on the very concept of money.
- With this defense I would suspect that their aim, no expenses saved, is to make sure that the agreement is kept in place so that they keep the contractual leash on Rossi – preferably forever. This continuos IP transfer is what it is all about..
The army of lawyers have only two things on their in mind.
- Keep the agreement valid; 50% of World GDP market and IP transfer is worth several orders of degree more than $89M
- Keep Leonardo from starting a competing business elsewhere, especially outside the IH territory.
Their aim is a slow controlled roll-out of LENR. And of course controlled by IH and their stake holders. From their point of view, including Washington friends, this means both money and power in the long run. So it is only logical. Business as usual.
The Apco agenda is all about discrediting Rossi, keeping him from raising money and starting Leonardo production with superior IP
We have now entered the fighting phase. As Mahatma Gandhi said
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.